Sign in with
Your question

ASUS M2N SLI Delux

Last response: in Motherboards
May 12, 2009 11:57:06 PM

Hello I'm New so bare with me please. I have a ASUS M2n Sli Deluxe Motherboard with a AM2 Slot. I currently have a Amd 3.2 GHz 6400 duel core. I want to put a quad core Phenom that require a Am2+ slot. The bios updates by ASUS say that the motherboard will support them. I have contacted AMD and ASUS and get a very sparse reply by both. I want to know will it work like it is supposed to or just kind of work. Also can anyone recommend a good CPU that will work. I'm not ready for a new Motherboard yet.
Thanks
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+
GeForce 9600 GT 1 Gig Sli
4 Gig DDR2 667.0 MHz
ASUS M2N-SLI DELUXE

More about : asus m2n sli delux

July 8, 2009 12:10:30 AM

Good News!

I already have a M2N SLI-Deluxe and my system is:

M2N SLI-Deluxe
AMD 9850 @ 2.5GHz (yes!, works very fine!)
Geforce 9800 GTX+ XXX
2+2GB RAM
2x 500Gb HD Sata
750W Seventeen

No problems! No updates needed, (but the vendor has already tested before to send for me and I'm not sure if any update was done, i think not)

I also recommend this processor for you to! (9850, 940 pins) that's a great processor, but is necessary to say that: the most of aplications (including games) are not optimized for quad, then sometimes a high clock in a dual core (like yours) could have a better performance than a quad.

If you have performance issues you could keep your processor and change your video card to a 9800 GTX (good prices now), or an expensive GTX 280, and try to avoid SLI on this board. The SLI will be limited up to 8x speed.

Conclusion, if you change to a 9850 is a great choice (excellent processor), but to really improve games performance I recommend do buy a Nvidia 9800 GTX and don't change the processor
!