ASUS M4A79T Deluxe Motherboard (How do I set it up?)

RegistrationCop

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Hello everyone. I decided to put together my first build recently, and the pc is up and running but I still have yet to configure the BIOS settings and am totally clueless when it comes to this as I've never done it before.. I purchased some OCZ Platinum 1600Mhz memory from newegg along with a Phenom II 955 BE processor. The timings are listed in the user manual (7-7-6(1333-7-7-7-20)), (1.8 Volts). When I go into the config area for the timings, there are like two or three different categories of timing settings.. Also there are many other settings that I am not sure if I have to change or not - most are on the 'auto' setting. Could anyone assist me with the configuring of these settings? I greatly appreciate it!

RegistrationCop

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I did this and the system booted up and everything, is there a way I can test stability? Also, in AMD overdrive where it says memory frequency, is that number multiplied by two (I have DDR3 memory)? I noticed when the BIOS settings are all on auto that the frequency comes up as like ~534.80Mhz. So the first four settings that I am supposed to change are "CAS Latency(7)", "RAS to CAS Delay(7)", "Row Precharge Time(7)", and "RAS Active Time(20)"? For my memory timings it says the settings should be - 7-7-6(1333-7-7-7-20). Could you tell me what values these numbers represent (i.e. "CAS Latency, etc...") I am so confused... Thanks again for the help!!! If you and anyone are willing to teach, I'm willing to learn! Maybe one day I'll help you out. :) :)