Sign in with
Your question

Hostname is not pinging

Last response: in Toms Network
March 25, 2010 9:48:27 AM

Hi,
I have 2 servers coneected to the switch. first server Let A IP address and host name both are getting ping from other server Let B. But B's host name is not getting ping from A but IP address of B is getting ping from A.
please provide the solution.

Thanks

More about : hostname pinging

March 25, 2010 4:52:57 PM

Sounds like the one failing to respond to the PING probably has its firewall up.
m
l
March 26, 2010 11:40:27 AM

eibgrad said:
Sounds like the one failing to respond to the PING probably has its firewall up.

No I checked the firewall. Its not up. Is it mandatory for pinging they should be added into domain?
because I have not added both of them in a single domain. But if IP is pinging host name also ping right?
please provide the answer
m
l
Related resources
April 2, 2010 9:39:00 AM

eibgrad said:

No I checked the firewall. Its not up. Is it mandatory for pinging they should be added into domain?
because I have not added both of them in a single domain. But if IP is pinging host name also ping right?
please provide the answer
m
l
April 7, 2010 5:18:39 PM

Just to clarify, A can ping B, but B can not ping A?

When you are at serve B, and you type "ping A" does it resolve an IP address? What happens if you try to ping the address directly?

are both machines in the same subnet? (if you do IP config from both & paste it here, that could help)
m
l
!