What do you think?

p4nz3rm4d

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
OK.

I am a hardcore gamer, thats that-no questions asked.

Now wat?

I have: XFX ATI Radeon 5770
: Intel core 2 quad q9300 @ 2.5GHZ
: Gigabyte G31M-ES2C
: Thermaltake M9D
: Gigabyte ODIN 720w
: 500gb HDD
: Windows Vista Home Premium

It just doesnt do it...

I have to play games on 1050p, not 1080p like I want, and even then I dont get propper preformance

Solution= Overclock
...but, my MOBO is blerrie restrictive with NO bios overclocking features- AT ALL!!!
So now wat? I was looking at Core I7 as an answer, with a new MOBO and RAM(I only have 2gb DDR2 now!)
But which one? I was aiming at about 4-4.5 GHZ(BUT more is BETTER!!!) on air cooling(Just for now, come Christmas Ill get Liquid Cooling), But which combination will make me happy? I heard that the 920 is quite a good overclocker(Am I wrong?), but on which MOBO and RAM?

I was also looking for a new graphics card, or should I just put mine in CrossFire?

Also PLZ note that this must be BUDGET, so No " wat 'bout a EXTREME I7-980x" PLZ!!!

But just for now, does ANYONE know how to overclock with my MOBO?

ANY help WILL be appreciated!!!
LOL

:bounce:

If you can, a Core i5 750, 4GB DDR3 RAM & ASUS P7P55D-E Pro is a good combo. If you live near a Micro Center, change the Core i5 750 to a Core i7 860, as you can pick up a Core i7 for $200. Otherwise, the best option would be to upgrade your graphics card, although I'd think it would probably be new. Unfortunately your board doesn't support CrossFireX, otherwise that would've been the option I would have chosen.