Onboard sound won't play internet videos?

moistbison

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
So I have a DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS motherboard with RealTek ALC 885 onboard sound playing. I have a logitech 7.1 surround sound system going and it sounds not too bad with music and games but I plan on getting a sound card sometime. The only problem is when I have my speakers set up, it will play games and music fine, but when I play videos on the internet like on youtube or something NO SOUND WILL PLAY. I'm really stumped and I've tried changing it from 2 speakers to headphones to 7 speakers and everything, with no luck. I even tried reinstalling the driver for it. I can hear the youtube videos when I plug my headphones into my front jack of my computer, but that's it. I'm stumped.

moistbison

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
It doesn't play sound from webpages on my speakers, but when I plug in my headphone jack to the front of the computer, it plays the sounds. I think it may have to do something with the front jack or something involved with my settings. Because I use my front jack for my headphones and it disables the speakers, but when I unplug it enables them again. Should I maybe somehow disable the front jack?

armand07

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009

Have you tried in realtek to "set deafault device" to speakers rather than digital output..? I had the same problem until I tried that.. and now.. works perfect! hope that helps. =]