Wiring a msi p45 platinum mobo! help!!!

joshwood123

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
I am building am high-end budget computer, and am installing the new P45 platinum mobo. I am having trouble interpreting the labels on the wires and finding out were they go. Especially the audio.

My manual gives me Buzz- and SPK+ while the wires are labled R-Out, L-Ret, Mic-Power. So...were does Buzz go? and L-Ret?

p.s. im using a "NZXT Nemesis Elite" case!

any help is welcome!

You have two different set of connections there. The motherboard should have a couple of pins (usually located on the same header (block of pins)) that the case power and reset switches go to. These are usually label something like SPKR+ and SPKR-. They are usually separated by two pins. This is for the system speaker or beeper (the thing that gives you the short beep indication the the system POST'ed.

The group of wires labeled R-Out, L-Ret, and so forth are used to feed the audio signals from the builtin sound chip to the front panel audio jacks.

Look at your manual.

Ok. I just downloaded the P45 manual. Look at page 2-17. That tells you how to hook up the front panel audio connectors.

Look at page 2-18, connector JFP2. You want to connect your system speaker (or beeper - excuse me, piezo-electric device) to pins 2 and 8. Polarity does not matter here. The rest of the pins on JPF2 do not matter.