Help overclocking my core 2 duo using nvidia control panel

i have a core 2 duo 3ghz stock. i wanted to overclock it using the nvidia control panel however i dont know what i am doing and i didnt want to pretend i did because its not worth my whole computer dying. i have watched a couple videos that were kinda general. i was looking for specific step-by-step instructions but any help is greatly appreciated. im not looking for anything drastic but i was hoping that a small overclock in my gpu and cpu would give me a couple extra fps in my games and maby increasing the fan speed would keep the components cool as well. thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about help overclocking core nvidia control panel
  1. If you do not know what you're doing do some READING. There are like a million topics on this forum alone on how to overclock.

I would suggest overclocking via bios settings on not in the nvidia control panel also. I used the control panel once and it was always unstable and randomly change settings without me knowing. Seriously.. overclock via bios.
  2. ^ +1 ^

lots of info here to read and learn after that still have questions come back and try again ;)

if you look good enough you most likely are able to find a guide for the processor u are using

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/240001-11-howto-overclock-quads-duals-guide

^ here is a beginner guide on how to

good luck!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Control Panel Nvidia Core