Radeon 4870 HDMI Sound Support PLEASE HELP!

jimmiekain

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
I have the Sapphire 4870 1gb Toxic Overclocked Edition. I have a 20" HP monitor and every once in a while I hook my 50" Panasonic Plasma tv up to my pc....

Here is the problem

I am hooking it up with an hdmi cable and im not getting sound to my tv from the hdmi cable. Can someone help me? I am using the latest drivers. Here is the link to my card. http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=278&grp=3

Please help!

Also can someone tell me if the card is hot swappable? What i mean is do i need to turn my pc off before connecting my hdmi cable to my card and then my pc or can i do it with the computer on?

dreadhead

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Check to make sure the sound playback options in windows are set to the HDMI device, not your standard sound card.

jimmiekain

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
Well here is what i did, i went to my control panel and went to sound... after that, i changed my default sound to hdmi device and it still didnt work.

jehrenthal

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
you have to go with a headphone wire from your computer jack to rc cable to your tv. there seems to be no sound on after market cards because they are not set up for sound yet although I understand asus is releasing one soon