Girl needs help with built in standoffs? mobo mounting

noapokoni3

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Hello, I am building my computer and I am used to using standoffs for all of the eyelet holes in the motherboard because the past cases I have used the motherboard mounts directly to the back of the case using all standoffs.

This new case I got however is a little different. rosewill r226-p-bk

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147110&Tpk=r226

It has what appears to be raised areas (as you see in the photos) and then a few valleys if you will where I can use standoffs to secure the motherboard. The raised areas appear to be metal and the mobo I have fits perfectly when screwed directly into these raised holes. The IO plate also fits. I cant use standoffs on all holes because then the IO doesnt fit. So, my question is, do I use plastic washers to be on the safe side, or is it safe to just directly mount it to the raised metal area?

Please help

Jim_L9

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I saw this on one of the case reviews:

Raised bumps mean standoffs aren't needed. Have bought a few of this company's budget cases, and all have served well. The side funnel has to be removed for any CPU cooler much bigger than stock.

gimpy1

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2008
I wouldn't think plastic washers would make a difference; the screw securing the motherboard would conduct to the case anyway.

I would just follow the instruction manual.

And +1 for using your gender to get the attention of a bunch of geeks.

noapokoni3

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
yea, unfortunately this cheapo case came with no manual. The IO matches up so I think ill just try my luck and power her up.