Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Lost cd

Last response: in Storage
June 25, 2010 5:51:09 AM

Hello,
I just bought a toshiba laptop and placed an antivirus cd rom in the slot and shut the door. No icon came up that I had something in the drive, no option to install the program. I opened the drive back up and no CD. I looked inside the slot and didnt see the disc. I tried anoyher disc and it worked and it wasn't blocked. How do I recover the first dic?

More about : lost

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b G Storage
June 25, 2010 11:11:51 AM

Are you sure you put the disk in the CD rom? I've never heard of this. Perhaps you accidentally inserted it below or above the drive. Try taking a look in those openings to see if you can find it.
a b D Laptop
a c 119 G Storage
June 25, 2010 10:33:00 PM

Agree with buwish - let us know the outcome.
m
l
Related resources
June 25, 2010 10:40:14 PM

are you saying that your laptop simply devoured a CD?

that would be twilight zone stuff, you probably never inserted it.
m
l
June 26, 2010 1:57:13 AM

Best answer selected by mlewis6238.
m
l
June 26, 2010 2:07:04 AM

buwish said:
Are you sure you put the disk in the CD rom? I've never heard of this. Perhaps you accidentally inserted it below or above the drive. Try taking a look in those openings to see if you can find it.

Hello. I opened up the case and placed the disc in the drive. When I opened it back up the disc wasnt there. I looked under the laptop, on the floor, in the case etc. There is only one slot. I never left the table where I was working so I didnt misplace it. Yes, this feels very twilight zone. The only conclusion is that it slid out inside the laptop. Is this possible?
m
l
!