arschweizer

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
So i built my first PC and I am a bit of a novice at the Computer thing. I was surprised that everything seemed to be running great until I started getting the BSOD while running Left 4 Dead. I googled the BSOD message and found that it was either RAM or Driver related. I tested the RAM and discovered that two sticks where bad so I removed them and thought I was problem free. I played Left 4 Dead after that with no problems.

I downloaded DVDDecrypter and after it ran for about a minute I started getting the BSOD again. I tested the remaining RAM and it seems to be functioning just fine. So I am assuming it is a Driver error. However, and this is where my novice skills come in, I am not sure what all drivers need updated. I updated the graphic card drivers and still received the BSOD so I rolled them back to the last drivers. I have updated the BIOS as well. Any help in solving this would greatly appreciated.

By the way here are the system specs, everything is running stock no overclocking yet:

- Intel Q6600 Quad Core
- Asus P5N-D Motherboard 750i
- Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2 800
- Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 250 GB Hard Drive
- 2 Pioneer DVD/CD RW Optical Drives
- EVGA 512MB 9800 GT DDR3 PCIe 2.0

Let me know if anything else is needed.

Thanks,

serpent1202

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Before I even read your article, I automatically thought it was because your RAM is probably set to run at a higher voltage then is being supplied.

Newegg shows 2 differnt sets of XMS2 2GB kits, one running a CAS of 5 that needs 1.9v and another running a CAS of 4 that needs 2.1v. I am not sure which you have, but make sure you change the DRAM VCORE to match the ram you have.

I would bet this will clear up your problem.

arschweizer

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
Well set my voltages to 2.1 and still got the BSOD. Any other suggestions? Is there any info. i can provide that will help.