Sign in with
Your question

My Problem

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
March 27, 2009 2:51:53 PM

Heya guys I have a bit of a problem and I was hoping everyone can help me try to figure it out and give me good price checks on things.

I was talking about this in another forum but a friend of mine told me to put it in my own forum!

I have a PC, it has about 1.00 GB Ram, Nivdia 7300 EL *or whatever* 2.79 GHz I believe *Tell you more once I get home from school if you want*

However, I found this game Empire: Total war I am sure you all know it, it looks kick ass I played the demo for a bit but everything has to be on low inorder to play it which sucks, who wants to play a great game made for the deatail on low settings? Not me

And the computer is my older brothers computer and I was thinking of spending money to upgrade the RAM, the video card etc, but I thought it was not worth it. ***Since he will be taking it soon*** I am only 15 however, though I do want to start to save my money for a better PC, buy one for myself and my price range hmm, Iam not 100% sure yet, I know saving for a great computer will take months even a year or two, but Iam in for it ***Parents wont buy it lol***.

So if you guys have any idea, maybe throw some good price ranges and send me links for PCs for sell with a good price and nice RAM ***Hoping when I buy a PC it has at least 4GB of Ram*** thats what I am hoping.

Well thank you for reading this, please state your opinions, but please dont say anything rude! ***the PSU Iam not sure how to figure that one out lol***

Have a nice day!

My new friend I meet was pr2thej

More about : problem

March 27, 2009 3:22:18 PM

Yea we were talking in PM but honestly i dont know what you could get away with as a bare minimum for Empire TW as i havent had the pleasure of playing it yet. Recommended plus a few quid? Or were the published specs accurate this time around?
March 27, 2009 4:50:57 PM

hmm if u are gonna buy a new system depends where u go to shop for it. Dell alienware ect are expensive

a good gaming PC would consist of a Core 2 duo or better running at 2.6 Ghz +

preferbely a quad core

with as u say 4 GB ram though amount of ram doesnt nessaserily = better preformance

graphics card anything like a 9800 GT or better should do the job

im not giveing the best specs here just a good idea ill try and find a link for a cheap but good system

made this spec on dell for £709

Components
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8400 processor (3.00GHz, 1333MHz, 6MB cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 - English
1 Year Limited Warranty - Collect & Return
Microsoft® Works 9.0 / English - (Does not include Microsoft® Word)
Display Not Included
4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [4x1024]
320GB (7200rpm) SATA Hard Drive
512MB nVidia GeForce 9800GT graphics card
DVD+/-RW Drive (read/write CD & DVD)
Dell Multimedia USB Keyboard Black - UK/Irish
Dell 2 Button USB Scroll Optical Mouse - Black
Accessories
No Security/Anti-Virus Protection - English
Integrated 7.1 Channel High Definition Audio
No Speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
No Modem
Services & Software
No Accidental Damage Support
DataSafe Online Backup 2GB 1 year
Also Includes
Resource DVD - (Diagnostics & Drivers)
English Documentation with UK/Irish Power Cord
D045401
Studio Desktop 540MT Order - UK
1Yr Limited Warranty - Collect & Return

though its expensive for wat it is but it would deal with most games v well atm

personally id go to a local computer store and have them custome build summit or get a friend who can. and have a budget in mind

£400-£500 = dual core system prolly E5200
£700-£1000 = Quad core system Q9....
£1200 + = Core i7 system

if u wana save money my setup would be a e5200 and Over clock with a third party heat sink and buy a 9800 GT or similar with a 500 good brand PSU and 4 GB 800mhz OCZ ram and a P45 motherboard would be around £400-500 if u made it
Related resources
March 27, 2009 5:00:28 PM

building your own based on even a phenom2 720 could save money. Psu considerations should be by the tier, where as pc power and cooling is tier one , meaning they makes their psu's, and tiers 2 that buy parts and partially build them and then tier 3 which generally arent as good , would be makers that contract for premade psu's.
Thermal take would be tier 2 as would others like cooler master. i wouldnt reccommend tier 3 at all. The less stability in voltage the more possibility of failure.
March 29, 2009 5:54:41 PM

I see, well thanks for the input guys, ill take it for good opinions and facts :) 
August 4, 2010 8:59:57 PM

Hahaha..this is such a crazy post...I want to thank all those who helped me soooo long ago lol.

I now have my own PC..and playing ETW with ultra :p 
!