ToPhant

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
I recently put together my system; I had my rig up and running for two days, and one of the HDD's died. No biggie, so I re-installed the OS(SP2) onto the other one as I had not backed up anything because it was 2 days old. The installation of SP2 was smooth, as were the other drives. However, when installing the motherboard drivers I got a BSOD, I didn't know what to think. The same occurs when updating to the SP3. I am able to launch in safemode. In safemode I turned off the networking drives and the BSOD stopped and I was able to launch windows succesfully( w/o the networking). I tried an .ISO on both the HDD and the RAM both came back with no error. Has anyone had this problem ? I guess my next step is to flash the BIOS and make sure I have the latest drivers. It just seems a bit weird that it worked before, and now it doesn't work. Anyways any thoughts, suggestions much appreciated. I do need the help to be in laymans terms :) as I am a bit new to this. Thanks !

Oh, the SP2 that I am loaded is a legit, but burned CD, not sure if something may have occured during the burning, but as it worked previously I doubt it.

Asus P5N72-T Premium
Corsair Dominator 1066
WD 360Gb
Intel q6700
Asus 9800GTX
(can provide further detail if necessary)