Playing WMV or WMA with Media Player in Pocket IE?

April 27, 2004 9:50:30 PM

Is it possible to use JavaScript or VBScript to invoke Media Player to play
WMV or WMA (MMS streaming is not required; even HTTP is fine) inside Pocket
IE? I tried to do that on Pocket PC 2003 without any success.

Is there any official word from Microsoft on this issue?

Michael Lee
April 28, 2004 6:05:37 PM

MS website has a software for PPC 2003 embedded Media player in Pocker IE.
you can try

"Michael Lee" <mlee@kanhan.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to use JavaScript or VBScript to invoke Media Player to
play
> WMV or WMA (MMS streaming is not required; even HTTP is fine) inside
Pocket
> IE? I tried to do that on Pocket PC 2003 without any success.
>
> Is there any official word from Microsoft on this issue?
>
> Michael Lee

Anonymous
April 28, 2004 6:09:38 PM

> MS website has a software for PPC 2003 embedded Media player in Pocker IE.
> you can try

I've hunted high and low for this. Could you post a link as I'm sure it'd
help a lot
of folks.

If you mean the control for PPC 2002 there is a link here:
http://www.pocketpcdn.com/libraries/wmp.html

It doesn't work as advertised (<param name="AutoStart" value="True">
kills it) but there are JScript workarounds as previous posts have detailed.

If only it did full screen like the CE.Net 4.2 WMP control, then life would
be so
much easier...

Best,

Alex/