Solved

Bios Settings Need Help/ i5 750 Asus P7P55D-E Pro

Hello Community!
I finally built my first computer and I made this thread so I can receive some feedback. BUT! The main reason I made this thread was to ask for some bios settings and help with a few other minor problems. First please take a look at these screen shots of my temperatures and bios. I also do not plan on overclocking. I am on Windows 7 64 bit.
Bios Settings







Temperatures


Why is my memory at 1333MHZ when I clearly bought DDR3-1600mhz?

A few more questions:

In my computer properties, why does it say this under memory "4.00 GB (2.99 GB usable)"?

Why does my CPU-z show my core speed is 1.2mhz? I thought the i5 was 2.66mhz.


If you were in my place what would you do in bios? :D
32 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bios settings help asus p7p55d
  1. Enable XMP profile for your Ram
    Your ram probably requires 1.6-1.65v
    so up the DRAM voltage setting
    this will give you 1600MHz
    1333MHz is the boards default setting

    not sure about the other stuff i have a GIGGY

    Looks like you have to type in 20 for your Multiplier
    its at 9 right now
  2. If I enable XMP Profile it'll overclock my CPU and I don't want that to happen :(
  3. one more thing should I Leave everything on Auto?
  4. XMP is for enabling your Ram to 1600MHz from 1333MHz and will not effect your processor

    do what i told you to try on my previous post and it should solve at least 2 possibly all your issues
  5. ok i just talked to my Asus buddy and he said enter XMP and hold the key down for 5sec and it will adjust your memory automatically

    set your cpu multiplier to 20 or 21

    my friend is a full-time tech and runs a 750 on an Asus board
  6. hold what key down?
  7. davcon said:
    ok i just talked to my Asus buddy and he said enter XMP and hold the key down for 5sec and it will adjust your memory automatically

    set your cpu multiplier to 20 or 21

    my friend is a full-time tech and runs a 750 on an Asus board

    Turbo is disabled when I enter XMP :X
  8. I have this same issue with my RAM on a p7p55d pro board. If I try to change anything so that I can enable my RAM speed to 1600 I get errors in Prime 95. Of course I'm on an i5 750. I'm assuming the key davcon mentioned is the enter key? I'm gonna try this too...
  9. Fixed the usable memory issue via msconfig; it seemed that I accidentally clicked use maximum memory :P
  10. thestrangebrew said:
    I have this same issue with my RAM on a p7p55d pro board. If I try to change anything so that I can enable my RAM speed to 1600 I get errors in Prime 95. Of course I'm on an i5 750. I'm assuming the key davcon mentioned is the enter key? I'm gonna try this too...

    Please let me know if you fix this :P
  11. Should I leave everything in my Bios the way it is?
  12. Were you successfull at adjusting your Ram and multiplier?
    If so glad to here it.
    Once adjusted to your liking save and exit.
    and yes when adjusting XMP i was referring to the enter key.
  13. I didn't do the memory yet; but my computer now reads the full 4 gb :P
  14. I am going to test out the XMP thing now.
  15. XMP clocked my CPU to 2.73ghz should I leave it?
  16. Yes that's fine
  17. Well, Turbo Mode is disabled how can I get that back? (last question) :D
  18. Well from the pics you posted it looks like that setting is on the first one.
    i assume your referring to intel turbo boost
  19. i'm so glad i have an Award bios lol!
  20. Yes, Intel Turbo boost; when I enable XMP it disables turbo boost.
  21. You know what i'll talk to a really good friend of mine tomorrow who builds and repairs high end pc's on a daily basis.
    And will never leave me alone for buying Gigabyte over his beloved Asus.
    I'm sure he has built a system with your mobo by now.
    I have to hit the hay.
  22. davcon said:
    You know what i'll talk to a really good friend of mine tomorrow who builds and repairs high end pc's on a daily basis.
    And will never leave me alone for buying Gigabyte over his beloved Asus.
    I'm sure he has built a system with your mobo by now.
    I have to hit the hay.


    Yay ask him tomorrow; I really appreciate what you are doing :D
  23. Best answer
    Same basic instructions from Asus

    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20100607031624796&board_id=1&model=P7P55D-E&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

    As mentioned in this link your best bet is to reset your bios and start anew and then follow the XMP instructions.
    Fine tuning on any capable mobo does require some manual input for best results.
    You should be getting more familiar with your bios by now which is a good thing.
    Good luck!
  24. Best answer selected by VoRizon.
  25. I see the other thread and am so glad you finally achieved the desired results you were looking for.Nice for someone else to give you a hand and also be selected.
    Alot of work eh!
    Man ! if you had a Gigabyte board i could have helped you very quickly.
    Anyways thanks for selecting me and have fun with your tuned up rig :)
  26. Well, I wouldn't say it is fixed since all I did was leave it at the settings I had in those pictures. The main thing I wanted to fix was the 4.00 GB (2.99 GB) issue; but I want to thank you for your help.

    So this is what I have done after making this thread:
    I fixed the 4.00GB (2.99 GB) issue.
    I am going to keep my DDR3-1600 clocked at 1333Mhz because I do not want to overclock my CPU at this time.
    The CPU voltages are still at auto but I'm not sure if I should leave voltages at auto...

    So my probably my last question would be if I should leave everything at auto. The only voltage offset that I made manual was my RAM. I set the RAM voltage to 1.5V since that was the default power listed in my ram booklet.

    Hopefully you can help me find a solution to the auto volts ^_^
  27. Ok then start another similiarly titled thread tomorrow or sometime this week.
    I'll get ahold of my pc tech buddy who wasn't available today btw i called him.
    I'll call him again tomorrow for ya!
  28. Last night I enabled XMP, changed my bclk to 160 and dram to 1600mhz. Ran prime 95 blend test for about 10 mins w/o any errors. Usually I'd run it more but I had some work I had to do, and noticed after running prime, my cpu temp hovered at about 53c. Before I ran prime, it was idle at it's usual ~31c, but after, even 15 mins after running prime, my temp idled at~53c. I decided to reset my bios settings as ~53 is too hot for my taste at idle.
  29. Unless you're oc your cpu there is no reason to play with the bclk.
    Guys i suggest you clear/reset your cmos button on mobo or back i/o plate
    load most up to date bios
    set your multipliers at 20 for cpu
    enable XMP which will change the ram from board default of 1333MHz to 1600MHz
    if your memory still isn't right
    simply change the dram voltage to 1.64-1.66v
    Going into the red for this voltage setting isn't hurting anything its normal

    thestrangebrew your temps went up cuz you're oc your cpu but i guess you know that already
  30. davcon said:
    thestrangebrew your temps went up cuz you're oc your cpu but i guess you know that already


    Yea I've been trying to OC it through the BIOS rather than the Turbo EVO OC software. The software just doesn't seem right. However, When I previously OCed with it, I was stable in Prime and my idle temps were still around the 30-35c range. Now that I'm getting a better feel for the BIOS, I'm tweaking stuff there. I'm more concerned with the idle temps not coming down tho. Weird. I'll just enable xmp and change the default speed w/o OCing it for now. But I'd really like to get my cpu up around 3.6ghz in the future! Thanks for the help Davcon
  31. thestrangebrew said:
    Yea I've been trying to OC it through the BIOS rather than the Turbo EVO OC software. The software just doesn't seem right. However, When I previously OCed with it, I was stable in Prime and my idle temps were still around the 30-35c range. Now that I'm getting a better feel for the BIOS, I'm tweaking stuff there. I'm more concerned with the idle temps not coming down tho. Weird. I'll just enable xmp and change the default speed w/o OCing it for now. But I'd really like to get my cpu up around 3.6ghz in the future! Thanks for the help Davcon


    You can enable the xmp for the ram and bump up your cpu multiplier to 21 from 20
    that will give your processor a little more speed until your more comfortable with your bios
    i bumped my multiplier up one from 21 to 22 so now my 860 has the same speed of the 870 base speed
    my temps went up a tiny bit from low to mid 20's to 29's and low 30's on idle
    provided you have an aftermarket cooler of course
    i've considered oc my cpu but to be honest it's so fast compared to what i previously used (pentium 4) i haven't bothered yet.
    I've read enough on it though that i know how to do it.
    Maybe one day for fun!

    Oh! i forgot to add that i once installed the Gigabyte EasyTune software for oc'ing big mistake nothing but problems
    i've heard this about pretty much all the mobo oc software doesn't matter whos it is
    So like yourself i will do it manually when i do
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets BIOS Computer Intel i5 Overclocking