Sims 2: Disc copy questions

noname

I made an image file of my Sims 2 disc. When it was done, there were two
files. I had named it Sims 2.cdi (haven't figured out how to get it to make
an iso...cdi is the default). The two cdi files it created are Sims 2.cdi
and Sims 21.cdi.

My question is, what is the second file, Sims 21.cdi for? The Sims 2.cdi
file is over a gig (1.90G) in size with the Sims 21.cdi around 910mbs.

Do you put both of those files on a dvd to get a backup copy and will it
work to install the game?

noname

Did you get daemon tools yet?
the cdi may work, I know the one I had was not an iso either and it worked
okay.

"noname" <hip_ster@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I made an image file of my Sims 2 disc. When it was done, there were two
> files. I had named it Sims 2.cdi (haven't figured out how to get it to
make
> an iso...cdi is the default). The two cdi files it created are Sims 2.cdi
> and Sims 21.cdi.
>
> My question is, what is the second file, Sims 21.cdi for? The Sims 2.cdi
> file is over a gig (1.90G) in size with the Sims 21.cdi around 910mbs.
>
> Do you put both of those files on a dvd to get a backup copy and will it
> work to install the game?
>
> noname

noname

> Did you get daemon tools yet?
> the cdi may work, I know the one I had was not an iso either and it worked
> okay.

No, hadn't gotten them yet. I've been playing around with my new computer
and the neat software that came with my mobo. :) That's what got me
interested in seeing if I could make a backup copy as the mobo came with a
dvd bundled suite of stuff.

Speaking of backups...I'd backed up my game and saved it to disk so I could
just slide it back in after installing sims on the new puter. I was up 'til
5am this morning playing. Built a grand house on the biggest lot I could
with two of the coolest sims I'd created yet. Had a blast playing with no
lag. So today I decide it's time to put my old game in cause I really needed
better wallpaper choices.

Of course I somehow overwrote the house and sims I'd just made last night.
Gone. I could cry.

noname