Sign in with
Your question

How bottlenecked would a 4.0ghz pentium 4 htt be with Crysis on high settings?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Pentium
  • Cooling
  • Crysis
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
June 8, 2010 7:55:04 AM

What if one were using a hd5850 or gtx470 with 4gigs of ram and a good cooler?

More about : bottlenecked 0ghz pentium htt crysis high settings

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 8, 2010 8:12:21 AM

Very.

there would be no point at all in using such a powerful GPU with such an old CPU. check out the article about building a balanced gaming PC...
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 8, 2010 1:37:41 PM

I only tried it once on a P4 and same on a Athlon XP 2500 (barton). Your cpu is far to weak for high end gaming so I suggest you upgrade before buying any new cards. You can go ahead and get new ram but a new cpu hands down. So what is your current board?
m
l
Related resources
June 12, 2010 7:15:36 PM

Imagine a bottle the size of the Earth, and the neck of the bottle is approximately the size of a ticonderoga pencil. That's about how bottlenecked it would be.
With the GPUs you're talking about, get yourself a new core i7 and let them fly.
m
l
June 23, 2010 1:51:07 AM

nforce4max said:
I only tried it once on a P4 and same on a Athlon XP 2500 (barton). Your cpu is far to weak for high end gaming so I suggest you upgrade before buying any new cards. You can go ahead and get new ram but a new cpu hands down. So what is your current board?

Haha I never once stated that this Pentium 4 is my CURRENT CPU.... I used to have it before that was about 6 years ago and is now rotting in my cousins house for all I know. It was a FIGURATIVE question. However to answer your question, my current motherboard is a vanilla Intel DG35EC...

I already bought the core i7 930 just a month and a half ago but I still dont have my motherboard yet due to unavailability. Im planning on changing my current core 2 duo e7500 setup however asap.
m
l
June 23, 2010 1:51:48 AM

Best answer selected by liquidsnake718.
m
l
!