Internet access normal but no local workgroup

rooly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Windows Xp laptop lost local network connectivity a week ago and all attempts to repair have failed.
Internet access is normal but this PC can't see any other workgroup PC. There is no server and the same problem when I connect this PC into any other local workgroup. This function just stopped working in the middel of the day :-(
In Event log there isn't' anything pointing to solution of this problem, except Event ID 8032 - "The Browser service has failed too many times on transport \device\netbt_tcpip, the backup browser is stopping.
While other PC's are able to IP ping local gateway, this PC ping times out. But the PC is able to communicate with local router and obtain local IP.
Kaspersky Antivirus is a single Antivirus and protection installed. I also tried uninstalling Kaspersky without any results. I have tried also XP repair network connection.
Any ideas how to try to fix without clean install?

rooly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Still working with the issue. Now I'm able to ping other PC's but still there is an error: "You might not have permission to use the network resource. Contact the administrator of the server to find out if you have access permissions. The List of servers for the workgroup is not currently available"

rooly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Yes, actually I checked and did everything possible. Until I did a clean install today. So the problem has gone by now. Thanks!