More about : remove wan miniport pptp

a b \ Driver
June 6, 2011 9:12:39 AM

He might not be able to get back here to ask, Tig. :D 

m
l
a b \ Driver
June 6, 2011 9:12:54 AM

I'll tell you, but you are forever banned from coming back to ask how to put it back.

If this device is not completely crashing your system to the point it cannot be started, then it is ignorant to remove it.

But if you are certain you want it removed,
it is removed this way....

Start>Control Panel>System>Advanced>Environment Variables>User variables for {your account name}>New>Variable Name>enter: devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices>variable value>enter: 1

Click OK 3 times.

While in control Panel; System>Hardware tab>Device Manager>View>Show hidden devices, Click the Plus sign in front of Network adapters expanding all network devices. Look down the list and find WAN Miniport (PPTP) and right-click on it. Select "Uninstall" then OK a few times until the windows closes. It is gone.

Remember, if you remove this device, don't come back here crying looking for the way to put it back.

m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
June 6, 2011 9:13:51 AM

Ut-oh... I'm busted... again
m
l
a b \ Driver
June 6, 2011 9:14:02 AM

How did my post pop up before yours? Were you editing while I posted?

m
l
a b \ Driver
June 6, 2011 9:28:57 AM

(Yup... I knew it)

My time machine has a few weak tubes?

m
l
November 23, 2011 4:31:25 PM

Quote:
tigsounds said:
I'll tell you, but you are forever banned from coming back to ask how to put it back.

If this device is not completely crashing your system to the point it cannot be started, then it is ignorant to remove it.

Look down the list and find WAN Miniport (PPTP) and right-click on it. Select "Uninstall" then OK a few times until the windows closes. It is gone.

I've followed your instructions above, and unfortunately none of the eight (8) Wan Miniports respond to a removal attempt. I also have a RAS Async Adapter which won't respond to removal commands. And I have ISATAP and Teredo "pseudo-interfaces" which spawn indefinitely if I disable them (obviously, they don't respond to removal commands either).

Windows 8 still had them on my systems. In Windows 8.1 they're gone.
m
l
!