Internet connections won't work?

goweigus

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Building a new rig and I think I finally got vista 64 under control, but apparently I can't connect to the internet! I got a MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard without ever realizing it had no Ethernet ports. So well I tried using my Comcast Motoroal (surfboard?) cable modem with the usb connection instead but the modem and computer cannot seem to communicate with each other (and the set up wizard from motorola also can't seem to believe i have enough ram (32mb?))

I am at a loss as to what to do, I have read about pci port Ethernet connections? Is their some vista driver i need to fix all this? It just seems pretty retarded I can't connect to the internet with a brand new computer (although I'm sure the answers will end up being obvious :( )

PS: sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum
PSS: do i have to get an additional ip address or something from comcast?

sturm

Splendid
http://hothardware.com/Articles/MSI-790FXGD70-AM3-Motherboard/]

According to one review and the picture you have 2 network jacks for Lan connectivity.

Back Panel I/O
7 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x eSATA/USB shared port
1 x PS/2 Keyboard
1 x PS/2 Mouse
1 x S/PDIF Out Coaxial
1 x S/PDIF Out Optical
1 x IEEE1394 port
2 x RJ45 LAN jacks
8 -Channel Audio I/O

Check hardware manager and make sure you don't have any yellow triangles on anything. If so find out whats missing and install the drivers off the disk that came with the MB.

goweigus

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
well i can't remember exactly what happened but i downloaded some lan/ethernet driver and it started connecting a moment later

TRENDING THREADS