Flat scanners for windows xp

kay_88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Hello,
I am looking for a flatbed scanner that wont conflict with Windows XP. hp G3110 looks good but if issues, what are they. Just want to scan and save in docs; use deafult printer if needed

I haven't heard about any problems with flat bed scanners and windows xp. typically if there are problems there are several issues in order of most common issue at the top:
1. people don't know how to use the scanner properly
2. bad drivers
3. hardware failure

kay_88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Thank you Zig. I just boxed an hp 6210 to get this out of my sight. I decided that a flatbed with no paper tray was better since I have no issues with my default printer. I looked at a consumers report fav, Canon canoscan 9000F and an hp scanjet 3110 as possibles. I like the scan negatives/35mm slides feature. Both remarked something like, "all features may not be compatible with XP. Thus I am asking if anyone knows just what won't work? I am a little challenged, but ongoing probs with my pc keeps my vocabulary growing as I wear out my ISP tech's online.
Thanks for your reply.

kay_88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Drivers? I need to look that up. Seems I am also getting that same response to formatting a floppy ... ? bad drivers ? But thanks for a new word in the tech vocabulary