GA-MA790XT-UD4P - Need a BIOS update

Cadetdanny

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
I just built a new system with a GA-MA790XT-UD4P mobo with an AMD Phenom II x4 955 chip and am having problems finding a BIOS update.

Currently, my BIOS update is F2. I need the update F4a as my MOBO won't let my processor run past 800MHz even though it's set for 3.2 GHZ.

I've tried the following link

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_DownloadFile.aspx?FileType=BIOS&FileID=14614

but when I try to install the update I get the following message:

"The program or feature "\??\C:\UserName\Downloads\FLASHSPI.EXE" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available."

Anyone know a link where I can download the F4a BIOS version of my motherboard for Vista x64? I want to start overclocking, but that won't happen if I can't get past the 800MHz bug.

Thank you.

Cadetdanny

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
I went to your link and installed the BIOS update and tried to run it, yet still received the same message of it not being compatible with Vist x64.

Is there something I can do to make it update?

The download has three files:

autoexec (Windows Batch File)
FLASHSPI (Application)
x79xtud4.f3 (F4A File)

The autoexec and FLASHSPI are both giving me similar messages about not being compatible with Vista x64. The x79xtud4.f3 says Windows cannot open the file because it does not know what program to open the file with.

Any suggestions?

Cadetdanny

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Awesome. Thank you very much for the info. Got it all updated and system is running at a steady 3.2Ghz now.

Thanks again :)

G

I built a system with the same mobo and cpu, and it wont even boot to bios. I'm thinking it may be because of the bios version is too old, and needs to be updated so it can recognize my cpu. Did you have any problems?

TRENDING THREADS