Sign in with
Your question

Fujitsu lifebook u810 windows xp tablet pc edition

Last response: in Windows XP
June 7, 2011 4:08:16 AM

Ok, here's my problem

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook u810 (or u1010) It had Windows Vista Business on it when I got it, but I didn't like it!

The screen is too small for Vista, at least for me (Geeze, it figures, I get a laptop that I've been dreaming of since I 1st heard of PC's and I can't see worth a damn!) LOL!

Anyway, I want to load WXP Tablet edition on it. However, Iam confused!

I went to the Fujitsu site and all they had was a page with the drivers.

I have experimented and tried everything I could think of to get the touch screen to work. So far nothing. Then I switched over to Ubuntu 10.10. The resolution is okay, but I can't find a way to use the touch screen.

So then I looked all over for restoration disks so I could put the machine back to it's original state. So far, zippo! No disks

Then I decided to install WXP Tablet edition.

Now things have gone from zippo to down right impossible.

So what do I have to do to get and install windows XP Tablet edition 2005 on my u810?

Where do I find it?

Thanks!

Rob Dragoff
January 10, 2012 6:57:26 PM

debar14 said:
Ok, here's my problem

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook u810 (or u1010) It had Windows Vista Business on it when I got it, but I didn't like it!

The screen is too small for Vista, at least for me (Geeze, it figures, I get a laptop that I've been dreaming of since I 1st heard of PC's and I can't see worth a !@#$%^&*!) LOL!

Anyway, I want to load WXP Tablet edition on it. However, Iam confused!

I went to the Fujitsu site and all they had was a page with the drivers.

I have experimented and tried everything I could think of to get the touch screen to work. So far nothing. Then I switched over to Ubuntu 10.10. The resolution is okay, but I can't find a way to use the touch screen.

So then I looked all over for restoration disks so I could put the machine back to it's original state. So far, zippo! No disks

Then I decided to install WXP Tablet edition.

Now things have gone from zippo to down right impossible.

So what do I have to do to get and install windows XP Tablet edition 2005 on my u810?

Where do I find it?

Thanks!

Rob Dragoff

Hi, I hope you just tried
http://www.notebook-driver.com/fujitsu/fujitsu-mini-not...

If not, good luck!!! I bought an U810 in Tokyo december 2009. I agree with you, the U810 with Windows Vista sucks! But I've read that the U810 have problems with the drivers in XP. That's why I don't change to windows xp.
m
l
!