P5N-E SLI Overclocking

DaGman13

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Hello,
Need information on overclocking my motherboard )Asus P5N-E SLI, i've never done this b4 so i would need the most simplified instructions

DaGman13

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Asus P5N-E SLI mb
Intel Duo Core e6850 @ 3.0 ghz
4 g Patriot Dual-Channel ddr2 ramm
Ati Radeon 5850 1 gig vidcard
Audigy 4 SE soundcard
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

You still left out what psu you are currently running as well cooling. Start by raising you fsb to 350 (700ddr2 if properly synched) and post back when you are done. Also make sure the chipset remains somewhat cool and not scolding hot. I used to own the p5n-sli (nforce4).

paigeinfull

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Ultra is not a shady brand, they have made some of the best power supplies (x3 series were some of the best) along with holding the patent for modular psu's. That said they do make some crappy psu's as well. The v-series ones are about average depending on the model, some are horrible on ripple suppression. I don't know why you would want a psu without cable sleeves though.

Sure :sarcastic: I prefer Enermax, the one I used to have had metal sleeves (woven) and two thermal controlled fans with one that can be adjusted plus it was quite heavy. It even had better quality paint than most cars.

As long as there is good airflow in the case, the stock heatsink is fine for upto 3.6, it's twice as thick as a stock E8400 heatsink.
I used to own a P5N-E SLI ( 2 of them ) with an E6850 and the stock cooler.