750a Xfx mobo help...

kobuchio

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
So I just bought a new motherboard and an extra 9600 GSO for SLI.

I'm runnin' :

XFX 750a SLI Motherboard
AM Athalonx2 5200+
x2 9600 GSO XFX
4 Gig RAM 800mhz Corsair

The thing is...it won't show the logo when i start it up. I don't know which card/onboard to plug it into.

I've tried all 5, and none of them work.

Though, to be honest, I did get it to work one time by plugging it in the bottom one, but I went into the BioS, enabled SLI and stuff and it won't come back up.

Now all it does is boot up for like half a second, then turns off. Then about 3-5 seconds later it boots up.

Still can't see anything. Uh....so how can I reset the BiOS?

Thanks

jeremyaikens

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
lol... i have the same board... not too bad, you just gotta get used to it.
Now, to reset BIOS... you should see your 6 SATA ports on the board... right above them, there will be 3 buttons...the one closest to the outside corner is your CMOS reset. all you gotta do is push that once and restart. That's all there is to it. If you intend to run SLI, you need to move some jumpers. X(
Those will be right between your X16 slots. it's a group of 4 fairly long bastards... may wanna grab some tweezers... if you look off to the sides of the jumpers, you'll see numbers... 1, 2, and 3. you need to move all 4 jumpers from 1-2 to 2-3. it's easy, but a biatch nonetheless... and then, you gotta reboot, go into BIOS, and enable SLI through that. its under advanced, then under chipset. It doesn't always take the first time around... XFX boards are gay. Also, what I've noticed, is that it'll take a few for the board to realize that it's been turned on... you may just have to wait till it catches on and boots up.

kobuchio

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Thanks mate. But I think I tried and failed to move the jumpers. I took a pair of tweezers and tried to move them, but I'm afraid of breaking it or something. Can anyone tell me actually how though? Is it the little prongs or something?

Is there a video out there? (cause i can't find it)

Thanks

kobuchio

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Actually I got it the jumper dummies or plastic thingies off....

I moved them...

Now the motherboard started smoking...

:(

What do i do now?