System config corrupt

In the middle of the night my comp rebooted for no
appariant reason, anyhow, I left it for the day, got home
and on the screen was a black screen saying
your "windows\system\32\config\system" is corrupt, ok,
tells me how to fix it, but using my windows cd and
selecting r for repair. I go there, select the c drive,
but whats the command to fix it? I typed help and got the
list of all the commands, but that didn't help, tried
typing in the path, didn't work. If I knew what to type I
could fix this, but I don't do you know what command I'm
suposed to type for this problem? All I supose I need it
this file to get repaired, but typing
in "windws\syste\..etc" didn't get me anything, I don't
know how to start per say the repair process.

Any help will be much appriciated, thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about system config corrupt

    Greetings --

    How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
    Starting
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

    But you should probably start here:

    How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822705

    Bruce Chambers

    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    "ian" <ianoshay@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In the middle of the night my comp rebooted for no
    > appariant reason, anyhow, I left it for the day, got home
    > and on the screen was a black screen saying
    > your "windows\system\32\config\system" is corrupt, ok,
    > tells me how to fix it, but using my windows cd and
    > selecting r for repair. I go there, select the c drive,
    > but whats the command to fix it? I typed help and got the
    > list of all the commands, but that didn't help, tried
    > typing in the path, didn't work. If I knew what to type I
    > could fix this, but I don't do you know what command I'm
    > suposed to type for this problem? All I supose I need it
    > this file to get repaired, but typing
    > in "windws\syste\..etc" didn't get me anything, I don't
    > know how to start per say the repair process.
    >
    > Any help will be much appriciated, thanks in advance.

Configuration Command Prompt Windows XP