I just set my i7 BCLK to 200 and...

Mpyra

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Now it won't boot!

I left pretty much everything on auto except for dimm voltage which i set to 1.65 and the cpu voltage which i set to 1.300.

The computer turns on, the fans spin, but, there's nothing coming on screen.

The motherboard is an xfx 58i extreme addition, which says on the box and i quote "extreme overclocking" and "XT edition motherboards are extremely overclock friendly".

Now i am somewhat a noob to overclocking i7's, i did it once before but now i can't remember how, have i done something wrong here?

I assumed the auto option would set all the other stuff to what would be needed to attain the 200x20 clock speed i set the bclk for (i left the multiplier as default).

UPDATE:

Hey, okay, i found the bios reset button and am back to default settings now, what the hell did i do wrong and what do i need to do?

Mpyra

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Okay, so i tried 166 BCLk left absolutely everything on auto and it booted fine, but it downlcoked my ram to 1300 mhz (using 1600 mhz ocz gold cas 8).

I just want my i7 and 4000 and my ram at 1600 or close tthose numbers.

My cpu cooler is megahalem single fan, which admittedly need reseating as idles on stock are high 40's are being on for a while and temps are high 60's under intel burn test at stock, but i am just testing out the overclock function right now, cooling should be fine to achive a stable overclock.