Time in toolbar

gregdw5

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
Hello,
The time in the tool bar will not stay in tool bar after I close my computer down. The next morning it is gone again. What do I do to fix this?

Solution
You could have a corrupt registry if he copied the whole user profile back over. So you say you check off "show the clock" but the setting does not stick? Try another user account. If that works, have them copy over your files, without the registry files (.dat).

So you check off "show the clock" in the Properties but when you reboot it's unchecked? Have you had viruses in the past that you cleaned out? Maybe go though the virus removal guide in this forum.

Try logging on as a different user, see if that helps. You may have a corrupt registry setting that does not save properly.

gregdw5

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011

I did have viruses clean out. Our computer tech had problems with my network he had to take all of my files on my computer off. Then he had to create a new user name for me. Then he reloaded my file pack to the new user name. Thats when I notice my problem with the time. Thank you for your response to my message I posted.

You could have a corrupt registry if he copied the whole user profile back over. So you say you check off "show the clock" but the setting does not stick? Try another user account. If that works, have them copy over your files, without the registry files (.dat).

Solution