New today: Two Thermaltake DH Series HTPC Cases

dancast

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008
Thermaltake just added two new HTPC boxes to their website!

The increase of 2" inches in height (and $50 in price) allows for 2 more internal 3.5" drive slots, and I noticed that there are now dual 120mm fans in the rear running slower (1300 rpm vs. 1800 rpm) and no doubt quieter.

No wonder the DH102 is on discount at Buy.com!

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1319&ID=1837 (for the DH104)

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a TTake case for my first build.

What's the best mobo and GPU combination to drop into a TTake case which has the 7" touch screen with the FrontView feature? (I'm planning on running FSX and other games on a Vista 64 OS.)

Looks like really good cooling options for the DH104. And it looks like the Thermaltake V1 CPU cooler will fit in that case.
But the list price makes the DH102 (review) look like a real bargain (by comparison :eek:)

FSX runs best with a fast powerful CPU and is less dependent on a powerful GPU, unlike most other games.
Q9550 2.83Ghz Quad / EVGA nForce 780i MB / EVGA GeForce GTX 260/216 55nm Superclocked should be a potent combination.
Add one of the "flower" type coolers (Thermaltake MaxOrb or Zalman 8700) and a slight overclock to ~3.2Ghz or whatever comfortable temps the case/cooler will allow and you'll have a system that's competitive with the $1400 3.2Ghz Q9770 Extreme CPU

Here is the latest FSX video card benchmarks I could find (along with other gaming benmarks):
THG: 3D Cards Go Head-To-Head Aug08 (3.0Ghz dual core CPU, 2GB RAM and Vista SP1 used).

As you're going through the other benchmarks note a 9800GTX+ might be the best GPU for FSX