weasel

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004

Has anyone else noticed that certain areas of water in the game flash
red? The pool in the Romeo/Mercutio house, and the lake in
Pleasantville community lot, as well as one of the other houses in
Veronaville. Bizarre. I was thinking it's because my PC's graphics
capabilities aren't quite up to scratch.

Love and carpools (hoot hoot!)
Weasel

Weasel wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed that certain areas of water in the game flash
> red? The pool in the Romeo/Mercutio house, and the lake in
> Pleasantville community lot, as well as one of the other houses in
> Veronaville. Bizarre. I was thinking it's because my PC's graphics
> capabilities aren't quite up to scratch.

I haven't played Veronaville, but I'm pretty sure they don't have red water
in Italy, at least they didn't when I was there a few years ago. What are
your PC's specs? What have you got the graphics set to?

"Weasel" <weaselm4@excite.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone else noticed that certain areas of water in the game flash
> red? The pool in the Romeo/Mercutio house, and the lake in
> Pleasantville community lot, as well as one of the other houses in
> Veronaville. Bizarre. I was thinking it's because my PC's graphics
> capabilities aren't quite up to scratch.
>
> Love and carpools (hoot hoot!)
> Weasel

Gawd, what a terrible pun.
Yes, I was playing one day and it suddenly happened to a swimming pool. I
homed in on it but couldn;t make it happen again until a few days after that
a different pool suddenly turned red, then turned blue again.

Never seen it before or since. just one of those things.

Only other graphically thing I have noticed is the top of the second
cheapest computer tabble sometimes plays up if the table is by a window.
I run the game with medium texture.

Granny

You're right - your video card isn't up to scratch, sorry.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Weasel" <weaselm4@excite.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone else noticed that certain areas of water in the game flash
> red? The pool in the Romeo/Mercutio house, and the lake in
> Pleasantville community lot, as well as one of the other houses in
> Veronaville. Bizarre. I was thinking it's because my PC's graphics
> capabilities aren't quite up to scratch.
>
> Love and carpools (hoot hoot!)
> Weasel

weasel

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004

Thanks for your replies. I thought as much. Oh well, I just wondered if
anyone else had seen it! Lake Garda wasn't red when I was on honeymoon
last year, so it seems it's just the Sims!

Cheers
Lou