Is this RAM compatible with this motherboard? Please Help! Thank you!

It's compatible in that it's DDR2. As far as whether it will boot right up when you assemble it... unknown. The voltage on the RAM is high, so your motherboard may try to start at too low a voltage.

It's not that the voltage is too high for the board, it's that the default voltage is 1.8V... so if your motherboard doesn't recognize the RAM right off, it will try to POST at 1.8V DRAM voltage and fail.

fahdh2

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
If it does try to POST at 1.8V DRAM voltage and fail, then do I manually change RAM voltage through BIOS? Also, if I try to change voltage, will the timings change automatically as well (or is it necessary to change timings when you change voltage)? I want to stay at CS Latency 4, if possible. Is it OK for me to PM you, Proximon, to ask for help with my build? I'll try not to ask too much. It's my first time, you see, and you seem to be quite helpful=).

fahdh2

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
If it does try to POST at 1.8V DRAM voltage and fail, then do I manually change RAM voltage through BIOS? Also, if I try to change voltage, will the timings change automatically as well (or is it necessary to change timings when you change voltage)? I want to stay at CS Latency 4, if possible. Is it OK for me to PM you, Proximon, to ask for help with my build? I'll try not to ask too much. It's my first time, you see, and you seem to be quite helpful=).

If it won't POST, you can't get into the BIOS. You would have to find another stick of RAM at that point that will work, then up the voltage and swap the RAM.

You might need to adjust timings afterwards... likely they will be fairly loose to start and so not a problem.