FSB DRAM

G

Hope somebody can help in this/

I've got an ASUS P5Q Deluxe motherboard with an E6400 CPU. In the BIOS I can't seem to find anything related to FSB DRAM ratio. Can I configure it? After I set my multiplier to 8 and the FSB to 375 and leave the RAM speed on auto In CPU-Z I can see that my ratio is 4:5.
I would like 1:1 ratio to run my 800Mhz RAM with 400 FSB

Can anyone help me in this!

Many thanks in advance!

Krisztian

In the Bios under the AI Tweaker menu its the first 3 options that control your RAM speed the main one is CPU Ratio Setting. If you look at your motherboard manual it will tell you more info.

I believe for a 1:1 Ratio set the CPU Ratio to 9.0

G

I just checked the manual but doesn't seem to contain any useful info I'm afraid. 8 is the highest multiplier for the E6400. Any ideas?

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
It will just say Dram Frequency, highlight and enter, it will give you different values, those are your Ram straps, 1:1, 4:5, etc....

G

Thanks! I will look at it again tonight and report it back tomorrow.

G

Hi,

I set my FSB to 400 yesterday and my FSB strap to northbridge to 400 as well. Then I was able to set my memory speed to 800Mhz. Booted into windows and I had 1:1 retio. After stress testing the CPU i had 30 idle and 50 load with a noctua NH-D14. The processor is the very first release of the E6400 series (B2 stepping) so I wasn't expecting brilliant temps @3.2Ghz. I will buy faster RAM to push it even further probably 4Ghz if temps stay low.

Thanks for the help!