Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard with XP will not type letters

Last response: in Windows XP
June 7, 2011 7:49:51 PM

I hope this is in the right category. Anyway just today my other computers keyboard started typing numbers instead of letters on all the keys. I tried with and w/o num lock. I have the FN key, I tried restarting, nothing is working. Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance

More about : keyboard type letters

June 8, 2011 2:59:15 AM

The keyboard might have failed; try another and get back to us.
m
l
June 8, 2011 10:17:41 AM

PhilFrisbie said:
The keyboard might have failed; try another and get back to us.

I have to fix one thing one typed in my original post. When I said I had the FN key, I put have instead of "do not." Sorry about that. So I don't have the Fn key which means I can not do the Fn + Num lock fix that everyone does else does.

So I have tried a new keyboard in fact two new ones, I still get the same problem both of which do not have the FN key. I uninstalled the plug n play driver and also the keyboard from device manager. And I also did a system restore which still did not fix it. This problem is driving me insane. Please is there any else I can do.
m
l
Related resources
June 8, 2011 12:53:38 PM

the motherboard might have gone faulty
m
l
June 9, 2011 7:35:21 PM

Is the keyboard USB or PS2? If it is PS2 try a USB keyboard.
m
l
June 9, 2011 9:16:12 PM

PhilFrisbie said:
Is the keyboard USB or PS2? If it is PS2 try a USB keyboard.

Its a USB keyboard and I fixed the problem. I don't know what I did, I did a registry scan and a reboot which I have done during the problem already, but doing it a second time seemed to fix it.............. for now.
m
l
!