How many of u guys own the ATI Radeon HD 5970: The World's Fastest GPU

khicharkumar

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Hello All I wanna know and do survey that how much common is and is used the ATI's Flagship GPU (even the worlds fastest) THE RADEON HD 5970................... :hello:
Questions what u should please answer that would help in it.......
1.From which store u bought it at what price ?
2.Is its performance up to what you sent on it ?
3.Do you have this cards Dual Setup (Cross Fire)?It gives total 4 GPU's if yes what;s its benchmarks?
4.Lastly,do u still overclock this pricey, speedy dual monster ? If yes up to what it remains stable?

Thanks all your reviews and help though u have to burn your precious 5-10 mins in this........

Something about this card:

The ATI Radeon HD 5970 is an extreme high-end graphics card which comes equipped with a dual GPU thus making it the fastest card from ATI in 2009. The ATI Radeon 5970 has a 512-bit bus with a core clock of 725 MHz and memory clock of 1000 MHz along with 1 GB of DDR5 memory.

Design-wise, the ATI Radeon HD 5970 is very similar to the slower ATI Radeon HD5870 and ATI Radeon HD5850 cards. The card runs on a six and 8-pin power connector configuration. It has a single-fan cooling system, with two air-inflow compartments beside the fan.

The card was tested on an ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard with an Intel Core i7 975 processor. The ATI Radeon HD 5970 delivered the goods during performance. In general, it is a good bit faster than the dual-GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX295.

The only thing that is of concern is the heating up of the card. Due to the closed design, it tends to heat up a lot. The ATI Radeon HD 5970 runs a little cooler than the NVIDIA GTX295 under load though. The cabinet is a key component and has to be chosen to provide enough air-flow to enable quicker cooling of the card. Considering this is a high-end product, the price of INR Rs. 42,000(USD 840) is quite steep. The DX 11 compatibility offered by the card is an added advantage even though there are some DX11 compatible games around for now.

Specifications for the ATI Radeon HD 5970
Engine Clock: 725 MHz
Memory Clock: 1000 MHz
Memory Interface: 512 - bit
Video Memory: 2 GB DDR5
Contact information for the ATI Radeon HD 5970 (for India)
AMD
Phone: 1-800 425 6664
Email: fusion.india@amd.com
Web: www.amd.com
Price: INR Rs. 42,000(USD 840)

go7roo7

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Finally I figured it out. The card seems to have a cold bug.

While lurking on about probably 30 forums, I saw a post that someone wrote:

edi_2

Hi, Its called a cold bug. Open catalyst and create a slight overclock (5mhz) preset. Name the file and go to c:/users/username/appdata/local/ati/ace/profiles

there will be your created preset there. open it with notepad and change values 15700 which is a core speed when idle to 40000. also change mem speed from 30000 to 90000. save it and run preset from catalyst.

now when idle your core will be set tro 400 and mem to 900 and this should fix your cold bug.

I got home, tried it and BAM! worked! Now when I try to OC the card, it does downclock when idling, but not to the point when the screen begins to tear or have any issues.