Sign in with
Your question

Faster?

Last response: in Storage
June 28, 2010 6:31:31 PM

would: Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB HDD (16MB Cache, 7200RPM, Sata II) be faster than Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB HDD 3.5" (16MB Cache, 7200RPM, SATA 3Gb/s) ?

More about : faster

a c 93 G Storage
June 28, 2010 6:57:11 PM

There would likely be no appreciable difference in performance from the user's viewpoint, any differences would be minor. Compare warranties, product reviews, and cost. Newegg.com has a good review section for products that I have found to be very reliable assessing the goodness of products.

Either drive should meet your needs. Just determine the best bargain and move out! HOOAH!!!
a c 103 G Storage
June 28, 2010 9:45:38 PM

Spinpont drives have gotten some of the best benchmark tests, and have good ratings from users. A comprable drive would be the ED Black series. The Blue is a bit slower. COLGeek is correct that you will really only see a small difference in speeds, but I think the prices are the same so why not get the marginally better one?

IMHO, I'd go with the Spoinpoint, and that's what I picked for my next drive upgrade after doing a bit of research.
!