Overclocking MSI 5850 twin frozr II

Hello,

Well the videocard arrived 2 days ago, with stock speeds of 725mhz core clock and 1000mhz memory, and 1.100 v

I did a slight overclock to 775 mhz core clock and 1124 mhz memory, but for some reason the voltage moved to 1.164 v(dunno if it's because i unlocked the voltage and it moved automatically).

I did FurMark:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8194/furmarkk.jpg

-1920x1080...MSAA samples 8x...for 17 minutes.

-75° max with fan speed at 60% all the time....ignore the starting temp at 55°(since i was doing some other tests).

-Videocard is always at 38° with fan speed at 30% at idle...must mention my old 260 gtx was idling at 60° with a fan speed of 40% and while gaming 80°+ at 60% fan speed(didnt do furmark, would have reached 90°+ with fan speed at 70%+ for sure).

Where i live is very hot and videocard still manages to stay cool...im gonna overclock it a little more in august, a little more on november and on december i will want to have it at 1000mhz core clock.

Any suggestion on how to increase the voltage? Whats the max core clock and memory i can get without changing the 1.100 voltage?
5 answers Last reply
More about overclocking 5850 twin frozr
  1. So no one has anything to say? This is my fav pc forum to first check...

Besides I been playing all the time with stock clocks and allready had 3 different crashes...

-On bad company 2 the screen turned to green.

-On League of Legends screen became light blue.

-On League of Legends screen turned to red and white horizontal lines.
  2. so no one at all? big bump
  3. I still have issues...
  4. -_- to many bumps, and judging by your furmark, your not even stable. You should try using afterburner and Kombustor to check stability and OC your GPU. I haven't used Furmark in a while but I don't think those darker mocha colored things should be there.
  5. aznshinobi said:
    -_- to many bumps, and judging by your furmark, your not even stable. You should try using afterburner and Kombustor to check stability and OC your GPU. I haven't used Furmark in a while but I don't think those darker mocha colored things should be there.

They are supposed to be there,that's how furmark looks like.
    Judging from the crashes you mentioned you may want to rma your gpu instead of overclocking it.Also your temps look kind of on the high side.My temps do not get past 60c with furmark(sapphire 5850),at 20c ambient,at 60% fan speed.Set the voltage to stock as I doubt it needs more voltage to reach overdrive limits.Mine reached 850/1135 with stock volts,so I think you should be able to reach at least 800mhz.As you have had the gpu for 2 days and you have seen 3 crashes I really suggest you rma it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Core Fan Speed