GA-EP35-DSL with OCZ Ram?

royal007

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2007
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DSL motherboard and am thinking of buying 4gb of ram for it. I saw some OCZ ram at newegg.com (DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) and am wondering if this would work on this motherboard. I checked OCZ's website but didn't see my motherboard listed and also on gigabyte's website it has a different kind of OCZ ram recommended (but that is obviously an old list). Anyone using this ram with this motherboard without any problems, or know if this would work. If this doesn't work, could anyone recommend good pc2-8500 ddr2-1066 4gb ram.

Thanks

bilbat

Splendid
GB MOBOs seem to do OK with OCZ; the hierarchy goes like this: mushkin, GBs love mushkin, will sometimes run four sticks without manual adjustment, but it's pricey; G.Skill, again, GB's work well with it, for sticks faster than 800, you will need to bump the voltage, but not actually all the way to the rated 2.1; OCZ next, might take a little tweaking; Kingston & Corsair - aackhh - most of the problems I see are with these two, and Corsair seems to have an additional problem, in that it sometimes appears to 'degrade' over time, causing a once-successful OC to no longer work...

If you're planning on more than two sticks, be aware that you'll likely need to bump the MCH a tenth or so, and also that, for unknown reasons, it is often much more difficult to get 4x1 working than 4x2.