Sims1 - data4.cab

I am trying to install Sims 1 on my pc, after getting anew hard drive. I am
running XP. I get all the way to 95% on the second disk, and I get
component transfer error. Looked on the internet and followed suggestions
to try copying files to my hard drive. All files successfully copied except
data4.cab, I get some type of cycle transfer error. Does anyone know how I
can get the data4.cab file or will I be required to buy a complete new Sims
Deluxe game?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about sims1 data4

    Try removing your disk and giving it a good cleaning. That usually is the
    problem. Good luck!

    Dianna

    "AW" <almetrawalker@cox.net> wrote in message
    > I am trying to install Sims 1 on my pc, after getting anew hard drive. I
    am
    > running XP. I get all the way to 95% on the second disk, and I get
    > component transfer error. Looked on the internet and followed suggestions
    > to try copying files to my hard drive. All files successfully copied
    except
    > data4.cab, I get some type of cycle transfer error. Does anyone know how
    > can get the data4.cab file or will I be required to buy a complete new
    Sims
    > Deluxe game?
    >
    > Thanks.

Sims Games Hard Drives Video Games