downloading video clips/pictures to PPC

a b } Memory
May 1, 2004 7:01:22 PM

I am unable to download video clips or still pictures to
my pocket PC (Ipaq), although I have the windows media
player installed on the PPC. The free memory in the main
memory is about 12 MB, however I have 128 MB card. I wish
to know how to download video clips or pictures to the
PPC/card directly.

Thanks

Syed.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
May 2, 2004 12:13:35 PM

there are several ways to do it...

1) from the desktop windows media player, choose copy to device. if you have
the card plugged into the PPC, it will show up as a destination.

2) From active sync, hit explore, go to the storage card directory and copy
the files over.

3) buy a media card reader and copy the files directly to the cards from
your computer.

the third way usually works the best way and it's the fastest too...

--
Jose Rivera, MCP
Event Horizon Computers

<syedssa1@aol.com> wrote in message
>I am unable to download video clips or still pictures to
> my pocket PC (Ipaq), although I have the windows media
> player installed on the PPC. The free memory in the main
> memory is about 12 MB, however I have 128 MB card. I wish
> to know how to download video clips or pictures to the
> PPC/card directly.
>
> Thanks
>
> Syed.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
May 2, 2004 12:16:22 PM

I agree that the third alternative is the best. If it is a large file,
Activesynch will get half way through and then restart over again. I found
the only way to move movies of any length was with a card reader.
Ken

!