How to unguage my memory?

unclefester

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
What they are referring to is going from default "unganged" to "Ganged" mode. On my MoBo the setting is Advanced>Memory Configuration>DRAM Ganged Mode, which should be set to Auto by default and you will need to set it to Enabled to be in the Ganged Mode.
If this doesn't seem to help you may need to up your NorthBridge voltage slightly, as you might have a week through-put (NorthBridge) to the (CPU) on-chip memory controller.

goat199

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Thank you very much for your reply and help :)

I did just enable guaged mode and it bsod. What is the default northbridge V? i remember slighly bending part of the copper on the NB (or SB) and having to bend it back, just a little. could that have done major damage?

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
5. Raised voltage a little for my ram, to 2.2, which is what it is suppose to be at but you have to change it yourself sometimes.

The JEDEC standard for DDR2 is 1.8v. Anything sold at a higher voltage than that is just guaranteed to overclock to the settings it's sold at. My suggestion would be to restore the BIOS defaults and see what happens. If you want to see what your memory actually is, download CPUZ and click the SPD (Serial Presence Detect) tab. You should see something like this:

Capture-6.jpg

EPP stands for Enhanced Performance Profiles and that is the overclock setting(s) the manufacturer guarantees will work with your memory. JEDEC is the governing body that certifies memory speeds and those are the industry standard settings.

I just read your other thread and I thought you should know that. Skimming through your other post it seems that at least 1 stick of your memory is bad.

Also reading this might help you decipher that BSOD.

goat199

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
So I turned the TLB fix off and set the core 7.0x and now it is working, i have 1 stick of ram in now. its been on 4 hrs no BSOD. Does that mean the cpu could be having problems? i am going to post the results of cpuz.