Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire x1650 Pro AGP - No VGA Signal

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 28, 2009 2:36:55 PM

I recently decided to upgrade my current video card (Radeon 9800xt Pro) to a budget-friendly Sapphire x1650 AGP card. I've installed hardware before, so I followed the normal procedures of removing old drivers, power-down, remove old card, install new card, power-up and Windows recognizes "New Hardware"! However, after installing drivers provided by Sapphire and a Windows-prompted reboot, I get no VGA signal. I inspected the Sapphire card I don't think there is any physical damage to the card - fan spins, getting power. I popped my old card back in and my monitor has no problems. Below are my system specs, please help!

1 GB Kingston HyperX
P4 CPU 2.80 GHz
ASUS P4P800 SE
Radeon 9800xt Pro (old card)/Sapphire x1650 Pro AGP (new card)
NEC 19' VGA CRT
January 29, 2009 12:19:40 PM

Welcome to the forums!

There is a floppy type power connector on the card. Is that hooked up?
April 9, 2009 11:23:46 AM

Was this ever resolved as I have the same problem? I do not see a power connector hookup on the card
December 23, 2009 12:57:28 AM

Mine has the connector...I hooked it up and went to power on my system and everything started freaking out. Fans and monitor were going crazy like they were doing some kind of dance... like someone was twisting their hips. Anyway...now I have a black screen and haven't been able to get anything to work.

Usually all you have to do is clear the cmos. Usually a jumper with three pins...switch to 2-3 pins for about ten seconds with an unplugged computer then switch it back. Then you have to setup your bios again. That has worked for me in the past but I cannot get anything to work at this moment.

Shaun
!