Sims 2 car portal

Hey everyone,

I was playing the Sims 2 with a family with kids. in the middle of an alien
abduction, things started going wrong... Instead of being dropped off in
front of the house, dad just reappeared somewhere in the middle of the
house.
Now the parents can't go to work anymore. Their carpool arrives, but they
don't automatically get the "go to work" icon and when clicking the car
manually, the icon disappears instantly. Of course, the kids also can't get
to school anymore and the headmaster won't come to the house to get the kids
into private school.

I've seen this problem with the Sims 1 and I remember it being a problem
with the portals on the lot. Is there a way to fix this in the Sims 2
(preferably without moving the family out and bulldozing the lot)?

TIA!

"Glycerine" <dontspamme@my.mail> wrote in

> Hey everyone,
>
> I was playing the Sims 2 with a family with kids. in the middle
> of an alien abduction, things started going wrong... Instead of
> being dropped off in front of the house, dad just reappeared
> somewhere in the middle of the house.
> Now the parents can't go to work anymore. Their carpool arrives,
> but they don't automatically get the "go to work" icon and when
> clicking the car manually, the icon disappears instantly. Of
> course, the kids also can't get to school anymore and the
> headmaster won't come to the house to get the kids into private
> school.
>
> I've seen this problem with the Sims 1 and I remember it being a
> problem with the portals on the lot. Is there a way to fix this
> in the Sims 2 (preferably without moving the family out and
> bulldozing the lot)?

The problem is reported all over the various boards but there doesn't
seem to be a solution other than as you said, moving the family out and
bulldozing the lot. I'm waiting for this one to be fixed too.

--
---->Sagittaria<----

If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.