My highest stable over clock on stock voltage

Poisoner

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1235617

So I called AMD and ASUS the other day and got the stock voltages for my CPU and northbridge, 1.425 for the CPU and ASUS said try 1.2 for the north bridge. So after tinkering with the reference clock and the multiplier I'm at 275 x 12 for 3300mhz. Should I keep going? Load temps haven't peeked pasted 39C doing small FFTS.

Deadstick50

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Thats great, Poisoner, but I would suggest at this point you run Prime95 at large FFTS to make sure its stable at the 3.3GHz. And let it run for a good long time.Ive got the same set up (except the ram you didnt spec) and at 3.3 it started getting flakey on me. What is your ram speed and timing set at? Because if you got it stable Im going to try your settings!

Dead

Poisoner

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010

Okay, so I did the Large FFT test. But at the stock voltage I got a hardware error after about an hour and fifteen minutes. So its not 100% stable. However, it did not crash my computer as Prime95 usually does to unstable computers, which is a great plus. Usually my unstable overclocks end in a blue screen.

Anyways, I adjusted the voltage up a little bit and then let Prime95 loose again. I shut it down after eight hours, with no hours. As the screen shot shows my CPU temp didn't rise about 40C. o_O Very proud of myself with this setup. Now that I am manually adjusting voltages and timings, this motherboard is starting to shine.

btw, Deadstick, my ram is at 1100mhz. I adjust the ratio down to maximize reference clock speeds and its only simple Crucial 1066mhz ram. I can make it go faster but it doesn't like to go faster than 1400mhz.

Deadstick50

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Wow, thats great stuff, glad its working for you! Guess I'll have to try mine again now that ive seen someone else get it. Only problem Im going to face is i have the 785 version of the EVO board!
Wondering what cooler you are using that you never went over 40c?? BTW believe it or not Ive even got the same ram youre running! Go figure that out, like what are the odds?

Anyway great OC there buddy, regards

Dead

Poisoner

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus. I'm using OCZ Freeze for my thermal compound. I did lap both the heatsink and the cpu. Both are with .2mm of being perfectly flat. You have to take a sharp razor across it to notice where the cpu is a little uneven. You can't see it or feel it. My case is an Antec 300. I have two Scythe fans doing air intake at 110cfm. Another Scythe exhausts at 110cfm. The stock roof fan exhausts at 95cfm or so. The side intake fan is about 70cfm. I took out the extra PCI slot covers to help with airflow and to give the PSU some more breathing room. My cables are also neatly managed to help my case maintain good airflow.

Deadstick50

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Sounds great, and nm the ram comment....im tired tonight, looked at what you typed the wrong way.
I had heard alot of good stuff on that cooler, so now I know why your temps are good.
Im still running stock, but i have been able to get 3.25GHz out my cpu with max temps at 52c running prime.

Enjoyed the exchange of info here, good luck with the system, Dead

TRENDING THREADS