Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Bought Office 2007 HUP in 3/2010 but never installed. How to install now?

Tags:
  • Office 2007
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
September 13, 2011 4:47:14 PM

My husband bought Office 2007 HUP (Home Use Program) in March 2010 but our Home PC was not suitable to install it on. We now (finally) have a new PC with Windows 7 on it and want to install Office 2007 on the new PC. We have the Product Key and the official Office Enterprise 2007 backup disc. None of this has been used yet.

The purchase confirmation email is on our old PC (in Outlook) and I don't want to click on the link to install it on that PC. Plus, I don't have internet access on that old PC.

I realize Office 2007 is technically out of date now, but this is the software that we have at the moment. Here are my questions:

How can I get this Office 2007 installed on our new PC?
To use the link in the email, how can I get that message from the old PC to the new PC so as to be able to click on the link in the new PC?
Can I simply install Office 2007 on the new PC from the official backup disc that we received from Microsoft?

Many thanks!!

More about : bought office 2007 hup 2010 installed install

Best solution

a c 372 $ Windows 7
September 13, 2011 4:51:18 PM

Put the disk in the computer, install it using the key. That disk is not really a "backup disk" it's a setup disk. You won't have any issues.

If you want to move your old email to the new PC, after you have Office installed on the new one, do a search for a file with the extention .pst on the old PC. Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders in the search. It should be pretty big if you were saving emails to it. Then copy over that file using a USB drive or a burned CD or something over to the new computer. Then using Outlook, you can open up that file and get your emails.
September 13, 2011 5:10:33 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Put the disk in the computer, install it using the key. That disk is not really a "backup disk" it's a setup disk. You won't have any issues.

Thank you! I wasn't sure if this would work and didn't want to try it without advice.

m
l
September 13, 2011 5:10:54 PM

Best answer selected by dw618.
m
l
!