Buying a new video card for my old system

sugetsu

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
Hello, recently my old video card, a Chaintech Geforce fx5900 XT AGP, died on me, its fan stopped working. Now I am looking for a new video card. I would like to upgrade to a better one since I do play video games, mainly WoW, tried Bioshock but my card was not good enough.

My current system specs are: Althon XP 64bit 3200, 1.5g PC3200 Sdram, Asus K8V-X motherboard, Orion 480 ATX 400w power supply.

I know that the AGP port is pretty much dead but I have limited budget and I don't want to buy a new mother board and processor just to upgrade my video card. I have been looking in newegg.com and I found these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ctx+10&x=0&y=0

I am worried about my power supply. I am not sure if it can handle any of those cards. I need help trying to figure what card would prolong the life of my system and will be compatible with most current games.

I would like to know which of those cards is the most appropriate upgrade for me. I know that my processor and maybe my ram could bottle neck the full potential of some of them. Which of those cards, or any other you know about, will give me the best possible preformace for my system without wasting their full potential due to my other hardware limitations?

Thanks in advance.