Bingy

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Have a Crosair 750W TX PSU. If i get these http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/211&cl=nz,en speakers the power is done seperately from the computer right? It has its own power cord so no power is take from the 750W PC PSU? So the 70W the speakers need wont be taken from the PC's PSU?

The monitor im getting the LG W2252TQ has a DVI-I and a VGA connection, while my 5 year old 15inch lcd screen has a speaker input that i plug my speakers into the monitor. How will this work with those speakers above and this monitor LG W2252TQ. I dont know much about speaker/ monitors and how they connect to each other.
Some one please explain. Thanks

Sarcastic

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
Have a Crosair 750W TX PSU. If i get these http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ [...] 1&cl=nz,en speakers the power is done seperately from the computer right? It has its own power cord so no power is take from the 750W PC PSU? So the 70W the speakers need wont be taken from the PC's PSU?

The monitor im getting the LG W2252TQ has a DVI-I and a VGA connection, while my 5 year old 15inch lcd screen has a speaker input that i plug my speakers into the monitor. How will this work with those speakers above and this monitor LG W2252TQ. I dont know much about speaker/ monitors and how they connect to each other.
Some one please explain. Thanks

Your speakers power connection plugs into the wall or surge protector just like your computer does. The speakers will not draw power from your computer.

The connector on your monitor is merely a pass through that allows you to plug your speaker signal jack into your monitor. This allows you to have slightly better cable management.

With those speakers in your link you will plug a total of 2-3 connectors in.

1. Speaker amplifier to a power outlet.

2. Speaker signal cable(s) to your sound card on the back of the computer.

3. Possibly the speaker control box into the speaker system.

Hope this helps