No audio over HDMI GA-MA78GM-S2H

So here is my problem i have a GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.0)
My os is windows 2008 32 bit server
I'm using Drivers for windows vista 32 bit (They should be compatible if I'm not mistaken)

I get some error when i try to install CCC just dies when i come to the wizard

Also Realtek HD audio Manger doesn't help with the audio over HDMI

I wasn't able to install BIOS, do i have to use a floppy disk?

Can i use a USB?

I tried just installing the exe file from the desktop....

Or can somebody just explain how to install BIOS

And point out the right drivers that i need.

I'v tryed the drivers on gigabytes homepage:

http://www.gigabyte.eu/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=2758#anchor_os

and amd's homepage:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=vista32/integrated-vista32

What am i doing wrong?
7 answers Last reply
More about audio hdmi ma78gm
  1. I found instructions here that supposed should do the trick (according to the guy who posted here)

Unfortunately I can't even begin to imagine how the above procedure resolves the problem (it has something to do with editing INF files). Can anyone here provide additional info?
  2. LOL that was not how i would want to try to fix it, hehe
  3. Honestly I would guess you might want to lose the OS. You are running Server 2008 as your home operating system. Generally hardware vendors dont develop drivers for server class OS's using user based hardware. You might have more luck running XP, Vista or Windows 7.
  4. I'm suing server 2008 because i'm using the comp as a server....
  5. What I am trying to say is that the hardware you are using is not meant for a server class OS. Buy server hardware and you may yield better results.
  6. dude you are not helping, and its kinda irrelevant what hardware i use for my server. Also plz look up the definition of a SERVER.
  7. It is extremely relevant of the hardware you use for your server if the OS does not support the hardware. You can't just go around slapping vista drivers on a server 2008 OS. It does not work that way. I do know the definition of a server. Much better than yourself or you wouldn't be using server 2008 on a normal desktop PC and expect all of the drivers to function properly.

I hate you kiddies that think you are cool by building what you think is a server in your home but not even close to understanding what to do, how it works, and what you need. Install vista, xp, or windows 7 and I will gaurentee your sound will work properly.

Not to mention the fact that the problem you are having is sending audio over an HDMI cable? Buddy servers don't hook up to HD TV's. Your looking for more of a media center.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Windows Server 2008 Drivers Audio