Change IP router automatically

codedi

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
Hello,

I'm using a generic ADSL modem configured as a router for network access.
Is there a way to make my router disconnect and reconnect in order to acquire a new IP address from my internet supplier in an automated way wohtout me accessing the router the modem control interface ?
Maybe through a command line script or a third-party application ?

Please help !

:)

codedi

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
i want to be able to schedule ip changes for an application i'm using.

i manage my modem through the the web interface i can acceess int the default gateway ip address.

my modem is configured as a router (i have adsl) and it auto dials and receive an ip address from my internet supplier.

when i want to change ip address now i access the moded-router management interface and manually choose disconnect and connect.

my question is how can id do it automatically.

codedi

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
how can i write it myself ?

i don't really like macro recordings, to many things can make them to not work properly in real-time.

If you don't like macro recording, then your only solution is to script it yourself or write code in Java, VB, C++, C#, etc. Either way you need to use the web interface, therefore using macro recording certainly is the easiest solution.

Another solution is to connect the modem to a programmable timer that will power it off and on at preset time of day. I don't know if you can find one that will power off and on for only a few seconds. Such a timer probably will be expensive.