Motherboard: GA-EP45-UD3P
Ram: OCZ gold edition PC8500 (8gb)
Gfx: Sapphire radeon HD4870 1GB
CPU: E8500
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek HDT-S1283
PSU: Corsair TX650W
2 HDD' WD (black) - 500 GB each
case: Antec Performance 182.

Basically my load temps are roughly 72 degrees celcius (This is without OC), and my idle is 48 - 50 degrees celcius. This is with the 2 120mm fans in the case running at full speed.

I have some plans to OC it to 3,8ghz, and i thought getting a new cooler would help my temps, but in my eyes - before OC they seem very high.

This might just be me.

The fan on the cooler is blowing the air towards the gfx card, will this have any effect?

Thanks in advance for your replies :) .

More about : e8500 idle load temps

a b à CPUs
March 30, 2009 11:18:45 PM

why is the xig blowing air towards the gpu? make it blow out! those temps are not acceptable on stock levels at all - re position the heatsink and apply less/more thermal paste depending on how much you have. also make sure you take vcore off auto levels and apply ~ 1.25 if you have E0 stepping.
March 30, 2009 11:44:24 PM

OK thanks Werxwen. Im pretty sure i got a good amount of thermalpaste on. And thanks for clarifying regarding the facing of the fan. I was just installing it according to the instruction manual (yes, im a noob :) ), and i was wondering why it was facing that way.

:) 
Related resources
March 30, 2009 11:58:41 PM

OK thanks Werxwen. Im pretty sure i got a good amount of thermalpaste on. And thanks for clarifying regarding the facing of the fan. I was just installing it according to the instruction manual (yes, im a noob :) ), and i was wondering why it was facing that way.

:) 
March 30, 2009 11:58:50 PM

Sorry, triple post =/
March 31, 2009 7:41:54 AM

Ok, ive changed the fan facing to face towards the back of my case.

My idle temp is currently at 38 - 41, and my load is 58. The room temperature is roughly 25.

Now i have another newbie question :p .

I see no difference in temperature wether i go under full load with my intake fans (on the case) on or off, ice been running Orthos for 3 hours with them on, and 3 hours with them off maintaining roughly the same room temperature.

One of my intake fans are blowing directly onto the fan of the cpu, is this a problem? Would i be better off turning this fan off?

Thanks in advance.
March 31, 2009 1:55:21 PM

Is your intake fan on the front? If so, it's fine that it blows on the CPU fan.
March 31, 2009 7:16:19 PM

No, my intake fan is blowing air directly onto the CPU fan. Its on the back =/
a b à CPUs
March 31, 2009 7:33:23 PM

Intake fan should blow toard CPU fan, CPU fan should blow toward exaust fan, exaust fan should blow out of the back of the case... GPU fan should blow up toward the other fans. This way, all air is directed in one direction, out the exaust fan...
March 31, 2009 7:34:47 PM

the back fan should blow air out not in, or else you could create a "dead air" section. all of your fans should be positioned so that they are basically blowing air the same way through the case to create good airflow.
a b à CPUs
March 31, 2009 7:39:03 PM

beat ya to it! :)  but Kyeana is right... think of it as batteries, you wouldnt put + of one battery to a + of another...
March 31, 2009 8:00:49 PM

Interesting metaphore lol. +1 uniqueness
!