ATI Tray Tools Question

mattiusb

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
Which Version for Sapphire HD 4830?

Just bought a Sapphire HD4830. I much prefer ATT to Catalyst. Which would be the best version to use. I don't overclock. I just prefer using it to CCC. I have the following questions:-

1. Should I use a Beta, (& if so which is the most stable 1.6.x.xxxx?).
2. Could this hurt my VGA if I don't use overclocking.
3. Should I stick to the Official stable release, which I believe is 1.3.6.1042, (although I heard that It does NOT support the 4830????) But maybe the support is just for overclocking I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.
4. Also as I don't overclock should I set ATI Polling to NO?
5. If I do install ATT should I uninstall CCC? (Obviously leaving the Drivers)!

Thanks

myriad46

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
Are you even using CCC for anything right now? If you're not overclocking, I would install the drivers only and get rid of CCC. Just another program taking up ram and slowing down load times

What would you be using ATT for?

chechnyan

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
i only use Riva tuner .very much powerful.
i don't even install ccc , which as (myriad46) said
takes too much ram and slows down boot time. and very weak compard to third party sotware

shabaa

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009

Agreed... If you do not plan on high res gaming with all the bells and whistles of adjustments or overclocking the video card... and you just want the card to work ..... just install the drivers only. Why would you want to clutter your system up with all that stuff that is going to hog up resources on things that you wont use?

mattiusb

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
Some games I like to force AA, Mipmap level & LOD Level. eg. FSX That's why I want profile management. I would rather use ATT than CCC. All I want is some advice. I clearly stated that I would NOT be using CCC once I get answers to my questions regarding ATT. Hope that explains things better.